ACCESS STATEMENT FOR BRIDGE HOUSE HOTEL – BRIDPORT
The Bridge House Hotel is a beautiful 18th century building in the ‘Heritage Coast’ market town of Bridport. The area is one of outstanding natural beauty with historic towns, beaches, a unique coastline and many places of interest. We aim to cater for the needs of all visitors in our small 3* family-run Hotel.
The following statement is a summary of our provision. If you have any specific questions please feel free to call us and we will endeavour to help.
- There are bus stops near our premises and there is a regular bus service to and from Dorchester, Weymouth, Axminster, Seaton and Exeter, Bournemouth.
- The main train stations at Dorchester and Axminster are both about 20-25 minutes away by car.
- There are several local taxi services available, we can make a booking for you?
- Brochures and menus can be provided in large print by prior arrangement.
- You can contact us via phone, fax or email: Tel: 01308 423371 Fax: 01308 459573 E-mail: email@example.com
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- On arrival to the Hotel there is a level, gravel car park.
- Parking bays are marked by wooden posts for up to 8 cars of which 2 allow for vehicle charging.
- There is a level pavement up to the front steps of the hotel.
- We can assist guests with luggage.
- Bridport town centre is a few minutes walk form the Hotel.
Main Entrance & Reception
- The main entrance has 4 steep steps up to it, but there is a solid brass handrail fitted to either side of the steps.
- There is a solid main front door which is open all day and only closed at night. This leads you to a covered porch where we have glass-panelled double doors. These are usually locked during the day, but there is a bell you can ring for attention. (If you will need assistance with front steps it is recommended you let us know at booking stage and we will make every effort to assist you on arrival).
- On entering there is a large level reception and lounge area with well-placed high-back armchairs and good lighting.
- The floor covering in the Reception and Lounge Areas is short pile carpet.
Public Areas – General (Internal)
- A door leads from Reception through to Ground Floor Landing. The doorway is approximately 76cm wide.
- Landings and Stairways are well-lit and are covered with a short pile carpet.
- There is a wooden handrail fitted to either side of all stairways.
- There are 14 steps up to the 1st Floor, with a mini-landing half-way. The stairway is approximately 90-95cm wide.
- From 1st Floor Landing there are well-lit corridors to access bedrooms on that level.
- From this level there are 13 steps up to the 2nd Floor, with a mini-landing half-way. The stairway is approximately 67cm wide; 54-cm at its narrowest.
Public Areas – WC
- All bedrooms are en-suite and there are public WC’s available on the ground floor.
- There are in all 4 steps down to the WC’s and these are accessed via Ground Floor Landing. There is a wooden handrail.
- There is also access to the WC’s from or Cellar Bar via our covered Courtyard Garden. There are 6 steps up altogether from the Cellar Bar to the Courtyard Garden. There is a wooden handrail.
Breakfast Room, Cellar Bar & Lounges
- Breakfast is served in the Breakfast Room on the ground floor. There is 1 step down from the Landing into the Breakfast Room. There is a small wall-side handrail.
- Furniture is flexible and can be moved on request.
- Menus can be provided in large print on request.
- Soft background music is played in the Breakfast and Reception Area only.
- We have 10 Guest Bedrooms in all. There are 7 rooms situated on the 1st Floor and 3 on the 2nd Floor. We are unable to provide any Ground Floor rooms.
- There are, however, 3 single rooms on the 1st Floor. All single rooms have full stand-up showers. Two of the rooms have 1 step in them. (Please ring for further details).
- We also have 2 double, 1 twin, and a deluxe room available on the 1 st Floor. All these rooms have a bath with hand shower attachment. The 2 double rooms have 1 to 2 steps in them. (Please ring for further details).
- All the corridors leading to these bedrooms have a wooden handrail fitted to the wall-side.
- On the 2nd Floor we have 1 double room and 2 family rooms. Please be aware these rooms are all situated at the top of the premises and have low-slanting ceilings.